Thursday, August 1, 2013

Comfort Aspie Style

One thing you know you can count on with T is no-nonsense, bottom line info. regardless of the situation.  She's not trying to be harsh, she just sees the facts and doesn't feel the need to cover them up in other frilly, feel-good statements.  For example, when I was getting ready to go in for knee surgery she put me in a bear hug, laughed maniacally, and said "I love you and I hope you don't die during surgery", then ran off.  It took a lot for her to express that and I know it came from the bottom of her little heart.  So her knowing I'm really worried about my Grandma was cause for another of those heart to heart talks.  She sat down, put her arm around my shoulders and said, "I know you're worried about Grandma M.  I'm worried too and I don't want her to die, but if she does we can always go back to her house and take more stuff.  Oh, and you can always type her name into ancestry.com and look at her information.  That will remind you of her."  And of course, she jumped up and ran off.  Again, I know that came from a deep place of love and that those were just the logical answers in her mind....we're sad, but here's how we feel better...end of story.  Thank you T, you turned my sadness and tears into fits of maniacal giggling I hope was worthy of you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment